Welcome!


Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!

Pages

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Rock the Drop with readergirlz!!


A quick reminder--tomorrow, April 15th, is the day of Operation Teen Book Drop! This is the third year rgz has helped lead the effort. We'll be delivering 10,000 new books to teens on Native reservations and tribal lands. Many thanks to our partners at GuysLitWire, YALSA and If I Can Read I Can Do Anything!

Help us promote reading and Rock the Drop! If you'd like to participate, just leave a book in a public space for some lucky reader to find. It's that easy. Grab an official bookplate and extras here. If you'd like to send photos of your Rock the Drop location, forward them to readergirlz AT gmail DOT com for a post-drop roundup. Here's last year's roundup.

You may also purchase books from the Guys Lit Wire TBD Wish List which will go directly to two reservation school libraries--Ojo Encino Day School and Alchesay High School.

Please join us in the online TBD Post-Op party at 6 PM PST / 9 PM EST tomorrow at the readergirlz blog.

Let's Rock the Drop! Thanks, everyone!

2 comments:

Liz H. Allen said...

Thanks for posting this. I really want to drop some books around my city now. I'll have to decide which I can part with. ;)

Heather Zundel said...

Oh I love this. Thanks for posting about it, Vivian. I had no idea so many books were being donated.