Welcome!


Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!

Pages

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Author Interviews: Let the Nominations Begin

It's been awhile since I last posted and I fear you've all forgotten about me. The holidays put a damper on any of my creative abilities and my writing was put on hold. But now, ideas abound! I've been making up for lost time and putting the finishing touches on my manuscript. I've even started a new WIP! These projects make me happy, which means I'll be writing more and blogging less (for a short time).

In the hopes you'll forgive me, please know there are author spotlights in the works! I've lined up a few authors and will be contacting more writers to schedule in the calendar.

Let me ask you...do you have a favorite author you'd like to see interviewed? This is your opportunity to nominate someone by March 12th. I'll consider your Picture Book/Middle Grade/Young Adult writer nominations and will read their books before selecting the next group of authors.

NOTE 1: I can't promise every writer nominated will be contacted, nor, can I guarantee that an author will even be interested. But, there may be a prize once I go through all the nominations!

NOTE 2: Please keep in mind, any self-promotion will be deleted.

The floor is yours. Nominate a favorite PB/MG/YA writer by March 12th! Thank you.

6 comments:

stephanieburgis said...

I would love to read an interview with Caroline Stevermer! I looove her books. She's got a new one coming out this summer (Magic Belowstairs) and I can't wait. :)

Niki said...

Yay welcome back. I missed you :o)

beckylevine.wordpress.com said...

Oh, can I throw in a few? For historicals--Joyce Moyer Hostetter? Eric Luper?

For just FUN--Steve Kluger & Adam Rex?

Or any one of the above!!

We never forget you--just always glad when you're back with a post. :)

Vivian said...

Thanks so much, Stephanie. I haven't read any of Caroline Stevermer's books so this will be fun reading.

Niki, You are so sweet. Thank you!

Becky, I've read books by three of the authors and you're right, they are good. Now to read more! And thank you!

Solvang Sherrie said...

Good to see you back, Vivian!

sheila said...

This might be a long shot, but I'd love to see an interview with Diana Wynne Jones. We adore her round here - I think I've read almost every single one of her books to the kids.