Welcome!


Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!

Pages

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Mapping Out Writing Time: The Early Bird Gets the Worm

So, rather than start my 30 day writing spree tomorrow, when the kids start school, I thought I'd start today.

Remember the deal? 2 hours of straight writing time (though I'll also include book-related research, NO Internet research) on school days, for 30 days, no time wasting allowed.

I am a horrible sleeper, so I started writing at 5 am. Problem was, I couldn't help it. I checked my e-mail, in case some incredible news migrated over in the middle of the night, which led to reading a few blogs and suddenly, 30 minutes disappeared. *Slaps forehead.*

Good thing I started my practice run today.

Make today count.

Write-a-Scene Writing Prompt: Write a scene where your character benefits (or on the flip side, is punished) for being early...

7 comments:

beckylevine said...

Good luck! You're right--it's scary how fast time goes when you're playing on the web. Too fast. :)

T. Anne said...

I think I'd better adhere to your scheduale too. Oh the things that would get done if I worked for two hours straight! Who needs sleep right?

Vivian said...

Becky,
Virtual time suck is not my friend. I may need the Internet, but I've decided to try it on my terms. It'll be interesting to see if I can do it.

T. Anne,
Yay! I'd love for you to join me. The more the merrier.

Kelly H-Y said...

Nice work ... I'm so impressed you start writing at 5 AM!!!

PJ Hoover said...

Practice makes perfect. And it's a great start!

Susan Taylor Brown said...

Ugh on trying to get started at 5am. Even if I HAVE to be up then (like I did when I had the day job) I can't really function until around 10 or 11.

Good luck on your plan. Just having a plan is a great start too. You'll get there.

Caroline Starr Rose said...

Lucky me, my ancient laptop doesn't have Internet. Writing time ends up being writing time this way!