Welcome!


Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!

Pages

Friday, September 11, 2009

Day 7: Mapping Out Writing Time: We Shall Remember


The Prayer by Celine Dion and Andrea Boccelli is simply beautiful and helps fill the need when words of comfort simply can't lift the pain. I offer you this breathtaking duet of grace and hope on this day.

Write-a-Scene Writing Prompt: There are times when your protagonist needs to remember the past and hold it close. Write a scene where your protagonist honors someone, something, some place. Bring it in with a close camera lens and let the emotions flow. This doesn't necessarily have to be heart-wrenching, but let it be hopeful. Peace.

7 comments:

PJ Hoover said...

It's beautiful, Vivian. Thank you for posting it, and the writing prompt is wonderful.

Jim Harrington said...

Hi, Vivian. I left you a present on my blog today. Have a great weekend.

http://quotesonwriting.blogspot.com/2009/09/blogman-award_11.html

Vivian said...

Glad you liked the video and writing prompt, PJ. Enjoy the weekend.

Jim, Thank you so much for the award. I am grateful. And honored. Have a great weekend.

T. Anne said...

I love this exercise! It might work well for the next scene in my WIP too. Thanx!

Vivian said...

T. Anne,
I'm glad you found this helpful. Happy Birthday!

Kim Baker said...

Great series! I thought that I'd be writing so much more after one of my kids went back to school last week, but so far not so much. I need to get back into the routine.

Vivian said...

Kim,
Glad you like these writing prompts. Good luck with your writing.