Welcome!


Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!

Pages

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Day 10: Mapping Out Writing Time: Triumph

It's all about TRIUMPH this month at readergirlz. If you haven't stopped by the readergirlz blog yet, what are you waiting for? Kristin Cashore will be there tonight, for a Live Chat, 6pm Pacific Time/9pm Eastern Time! Yes, the Kristin Cashore who wrote GRACELING, which I thought, hands down, was the best kick-butt girl book of last year. Just saying.

Stop by over here! 6pm Pacific Time/9pm Eastern Time tonight. Secrets may be revealed. Just kidding. Or maybe, not. Stop by and find out!

Write-a-Scene Writing Prompt: At some point in your manuscript, your protagonist is going to be all about triumph. Write a scene where your MC manages to overcome all odds. Is this a sweet victory or bitter win?

2 comments:

a. fortis said...

This is really cool! Just found it thru Sara Lewis Holmes. I'll have to get caught up. :)

Graceling was awesome, by the way. I'm going to try to remember to stop by the chat. Thanks again for that!!

Vivian said...

Glad you like the book and stopped by the readergirlz chat. Wasn't it awesome that Megan Whalen Turner stopped by?