Welcome!


Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!

Pages

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Writing Tip: Write Something Down...Anything

and you'll find yourself writing silly nonsense like this:
How many words can a writer write if the words won't write the right way?

but, at least it will get you thinking...

and then writing...plotting...and creating...

And isn't that what we want?

Don't worry about getting it perfect. Write the words first.

My challenge to you: Go write some words today!

13 comments:

Christine M said...

Great tip! (As a struggle to write soemthing, anything, today)

Vivian said...

Glad you're writing, Chris! We need more of your books!

Congrats on WHEN MIKE KISSED EMMA!

Christine M said...

Thanks, Vivian! Some days it's just harder to find the time than other days. :)

PJ Hoover said...

And these silly sentences will string together to write silly books. But books nonetheless.
love it!

liz-scanlon said...

Yes!!!

Vivian said...

Thanks, PJ and Liz!

When are your books coming out?

Calliope said...

I really like this! Thanks for the motivation.

Vivian said...

OMG, Liz!!! ALL THE WORLD is on the Fall 2009 Children's Indie Next List!!! Congratulations!

Vivian said...

You're welcome, Calliope.

Beth Kephart said...

Oh, I long for a line or two from this day.

But only the corporate work prevails just now. My stories don't know what they are yet.

Solvang Sherrie said...

Does blogging count for word count =)

Heather Zundel said...

I love this, because really, how can we make any writing better unless we write it down in the first place?

Saints and Spinners said...

My biggest challenge to date has been that I have traditionally (i.e from age 9 up) written best at night. I've tried to get up early in the morning to write, but it just doesn't gel for me. I hope that as I get older I will need less sleep.