Welcome!


Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!

Pages

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Writing Tip: Feeling Cool and Sassy a la Mad Men

With all the buzz about the Emmy Award winning Mad Men, it's only natural an avatar creator would soon follow. Ben mentioned he liked my new avatar. You can have one, too!

Just go to Mad Men Yourself and fashion the 1960's character you'd like to be.

Also, do yourself a favor and check out the ever brilliant Beth Kephart's post, Why All Writers Should Watch Mad Men.

Now, excuse me, while I read how the creative writing team -- 7 women!!!, 2 men -- for Mad Men, keep the smooth 1960's male-powered show real. How's that for progress?

11 comments:

Solvang Sherrie said...

I went and made an avatar of myself after I saw yours on Facebook. Now I want to watch the show =)

Vivian said...

Can't wait to see your new look, Sherrie! You must watch it!

BJW said...

: )

Played with the Mad Men Yourself creator for a long time last night. Thank you for sharing it with me/us Vivian.

That's very interesting that they were all female writers for Mad Men. Cool.

Vivian said...

Hey Ben,
Oops! The writing team is mostly women (7 women, 2 men), I'll change the wording in my post. Hope you share your avatar!

Priya said...

That is so cool! Thanks for the link. :)

Vivian said...

You're welcome, Priya! Hope you had a great birthday!

Beth Kephart said...

I am VERY into the almost all woman aspect of this (and grateful to you for the link, dear one).

Vivian said...

Beth,
;-)

The Unaccomplished said...

Thanks to you, I now have a very cute avatar of myself for my new little blog. Thanks for the link! Love your blog too; it's great for very new aspiring writers like little old me.

sheila said...

Oh BOY do I like your new avatar! It's so incredibly glam! Where DID you get that top - and whatever is in that glass?

I haven't seen this show but everyone here is talking about it too. I'm still a bit wrapped up in MI-5.

Kelly H-Y said...

How did I miss that particular post from Beth?! I'll have to go back and check it out!