Welcome!


Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!

Pages

Friday, August 21, 2009

Five Things on a Friday

It's been so long since I last posted, I fear I've lost my blogging touch. Thanks everyone, for your patience! Hopefully, this is just like riding a bike...

1. I'm making progress on my revisions and I'm excited with how everything is pulling together. I'm now a little more than half-way through what I hope to be the FINAL revisions of PB!

2. The kids will be in school in 13 more days!!! Not that I'm counting. We're all ready for school to start. The kids miss their friends and have pretty much had it with sisterhood. I'm tired of all the bickering. If I hear one more, "You're a pea-brain," or "I'm bored," or "We never do anything fun," I think my head will explode.

3. My sister posted some of her artwork on Etsy! She's an architect turned artist and will donate 10% of your purchase to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. Check out WonderRoom!

4. My brother helped develop a new stress-relieving game, QuitIt! for the iPhone or iPod Touch. I don't have an iPhone, so I'd love for someone to tell me what they think of it!

5. It's been so hot and humid here in Massachusetts, I've been making refreshing homemade smoothies! We're soymilk drinkers in my house, but you can easily switch to milk. Also, you can freeze leftovers (if any) into ice pops.

Here are a couple of the kids' favorites:
Strawberry Banana Smoothie: Bag of frozen strawberries, two frozen bananas, ice cubes, soy milk, a pinch of sugar -- Blend -- Four Generous Servings
Blueberry Banana Smoothie: Three frozen bananas, 1/2 bag frozen blueberries, ice cubes, soy milk, pinch of sugar -- Blend -- Four Generous Servings

Here is my favorite:
Coffee Latte Smoothie: [Note: I've been up since 4 am and when I wrote this post, I didn't realize I messed up the measurements. This will taste much better...] 1 mug strong fresh brewed coffee, as cold as possible (remember the ice cubes will dilute the coffee, especially if the coffee is hot!), splash of soymilk, ice cubes, sugar to taste-- Blend -- Just for Me Serving - Relax and Enjoy!

Have a great weekend!

15 comments:

T. Anne said...

OOh you've inspired me to make a smoothie!

Angela said...

I am so counting down the days, lol. My kids go back on the 27th.

Those smoothies look great!

Beth Kephart said...

You have one talented family.

Nowheymama said...

That coffee latte smoothie sounds perfect! And I have all of the ingredients! :)

BrittLit said...

Those sound delicious!

Vivian said...

T. Anne,
Enjoy your smoothie!

Angela,
The 27th! Bet you're planning your writing time...and while you're at it, try a smoothie!

Beth,
Thank you.

Sarah,
I messed up the measurements for the coffee smoothie and just posted the adjustments. Hope you enjoy!

BrittLit,
Thanks for stopping by. The smoothies are amazing. Hope you try making them!

BJW said...

Cool new avatar pic thing. Looks great!

Nice getting another hipwriter mama fix too. Another helping please.

: )

Vivian said...

Ben,
You're so sweet. Glad you like the avatar--makes me feel all cool and glam. You can get a Mad Men avatar, too. Go to the Mad Men Yourself site. I'll stop by your blog in a few!

Solvang Sherrie said...

Love this recipe! Iced coffee is a favorite indulgence for me.

PJ Hoover said...

Your smoothies sounds delicious! And I hear you on school starting. I'm ready!

Vivian said...

Sherrie,
Hope you try the recipe soon!

PJ,
Yay for school! And congrats on your black belt--I'm soooo impressed!

Susan Taylor Brown said...

Your sister's artwork is lovely! Does she live near the aquarium? Or what's her connection there? (I'm in California not far from the aquarium.)

Vivian said...

Hey, Susan! My sister used to live in Oakland and loves the aquarium, but she's now on the East Coast. Glad you like her artwork--there's a sample of it up now--with more on the way!

liz-scanlon said...

Vivian.... Your entire FAMILY is creative?????

Saints and Spinners said...

I've got to make the cafe latte smoothie now. We actually have vanilla ice cream in the freezer (left over from a BBQ) which I'll use in lieu of soymilk.

Sorry I've been so out of touch. I appreciated your sweet note of a few weeks ago!