Welcome!


Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!

Pages

Thursday, May 28, 2009

It's All About the FINAL Revision

Summer vacation starts in a little less than 30 days. I need to focus and finish my FINAL revision so my children can have a summer worth remembering.

PB has been my life for the past 1 1/2 years and it's time to let her go. This manuscript has gone from first person to third person to alternate voices. The beginning has changed countless times. Darlings have been loved then killed, scenes rearranged, characters evolved, plots thickened, the story transformed and I couldn't be more pleased. 

My fantastic critique group has seen these changes and their feedback ever encouraging. If you're not in a critique group, why not? It will help you in so many ways. Still shy? Check out my critique series. Want more in-depth information? Writer pal, Becky Levine, has a critique book coming out in January, that sounds perfect.

I am so grateful to my group. I just received their latest comments, and man, am I ever ready to finalize details.

So, it's time to get to work.

If you'd like to have a support group to help you through the month of June, come on and join in the Summer Revision Smackdown with organizers Holly and Jolie. Hey, if they can get me to write 5,000 words in a day, I KNOW I can finish my revision.

It's time to get serious and focus. You can do it!!

8 comments:

Christine M said...

Vivian, I can't say enough great things about our critique group. You guys have made all the difference in my writing.

And Purple Beauty is a book just waiting to be a best seller. I can't wait to see it on the shelves at Barnes and Noble!

Vivian said...

Thanks, Chris. You must be getting psyched--your book is coming out this summer! Wahoo!

Christine M said...

It's hard to believe it's really coming out! It's very exciting!

beckylevine said...

You are SO going to get this done and out. I can't wait to hear about that part of the journey. And, of course, YAY for a wonderful critique group! :)

PJ Hoover said...

I'm right there with you on the critique group love! Thank you so much for everything! And the funniest part is I've never seen the end of PB. Um, when can I?

I think this summer if the first draft smackdown for me.

Vivian said...

Thanks, Becky!

PJ, Soon! I've only submitted the first half to the group and I want to be sure the voices are consistent before you get the ending. It is the one thing that has stayed the same, so I hope you all like it!

adrienne said...

This post has the energy of a good cheer. Rah, rah!

Priya said...

Good luck! We'll all be cheering you on. :)