Welcome!


Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!

Pages

Saturday, April 4, 2009

There She Goes

The training wheels came off yesterday, much to Youngest's delight. She practiced in the front yard, eyes straight ahead, testing the shifts in her balance before yelling for me to let go. 

Today, she's riding her bike! 

15 comments:

Christine M said...

Wow! Look at her go! She must be so proud.

beckylevine said...

Even with all the padding, I can still see her big smile! And yay for the helmet!:)

PJ Hoover said...

Congrats! Oh, I need to do this with my youngest!

And I LOVE your new look so much!
Ditto on what Becky said on the helmet!

beth said...

Cute! (PS: love the new look)

Elaine Magliaro said...

Vivian,

Another milestone achieved! "Youngest" must be so excited.

That picture brings back fond memories of my childhood. I still remember clearly how proud I felt of myself when I didn't need the training wheels any longer.

annie said...

Oh my gosh, what a fantastic picture and what an exciting moment. Hurrah for the new bicyclist!

Heather Zundel said...

That's the sweetest thing I've ever seen. I bet she's the happiest girl on earth. And you the proudest momma. :)

Saints and Spinners said...

I'm so glad you took a photo for us. My daughter has miles to go before this happens, but I believe it will...

Solvang Sherrie said...

It's so exciting and so sad when they learn. They aren't babies anymore!

Beth Kephart said...

Oh those days, those days!

And this blog is so beautiful, Vivian. I can't get over the makeover!

Shelli said...

this gave me a lump in my throat - they grow up so fast :(

Maya Ganesan said...

:) Hurrah!

courtneywrites said...

Congratulations!

Vivian said...

Thanks, everyone!

Little Willow said...

Congrats!