Welcome!


Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!

Pages

Friday, April 17, 2009

Five on a Friday

1. Greek pizza from Sweet Tomatoes. Fresh spinach, feta cheese and loads of garlic slathered on pizza dough and crisped up to perfection. Salty, savory goodness with every bite. Yum.

2. Spring is finally here and the heat in the house is OFF! The weather has been great this past week--lots of sun and fresh breezes. The kids have been able to go outside, run around, ride their bikes and have fun. And that makes me happy.

3. A great story idea. This always makes me happy.

4. 7 more days until the NESCBWI conference. I'm getting psyched!

5. This fantastic video. If you haven't watched it already, you MUST. NOW. Thanks, Beth Kephart for the link. This is BIG TIME Inspiration.

Edited to add one more thing: Cynsations writes about the new Katherine Patterson Prize for YA and Children's Writing. Very cool.

Enjoy your weekend!

15 comments:

Nowheymama said...

I LOVE that Susan Boyle clip. It made me tear up.

PJ Hoover said...

Loved the video! And I'm so excited for you and the conference!

Beth Kephart said...

When you are happy, I am happy!

Vivian said...

Beth,
I'm glad! You are awesome.

PJ,
Thank you! I'm nervous but very psyched.

Nowheymama,
I agree. A total winner.

Solvang Sherrie said...

I made my kids watch the Susan Boyle video. It's awesome!

Can't wait to hear about your conference.

The pizza sounds yummy! Maybe I should go make dinner...

Vivian said...

Sherrie,
I can't wait to hear about your conference! I know you'll do great. Thank you again for the award. I'll post about it soon.

Jeannine said...

Hi! I'm doing a poetry workshop at the conference on Sunday, and will be around from Friday night. I hope we run into each other and can say hello, at least! I know there's always quite a crowd, but I'll look out for you! Jeannine Atkins

Vivian said...

Jeannine,
I'll be there Friday and Saturday. I'll look for you, too!

Suzanne Casamento said...

Sounds like you've got a lot to be psyched about! : )

Thanks for the info about the Katherine Paterson Award. I'm going to pass it on to my writer friends.

Vivian said...

You're welcome, Suzanne. Good luck to your friends.

beckylevine said...

Okay, I am so going to be with all you NESCBWI'ers in spirit! As many as I know from online who are going, this conference is going to be fantastic!

Vivian said...

I hope so, Becky! Thanks.

Ello said...

You lost me after you talked about pizza. I'm drooling...

Little Willow said...

That sounds like one tasty pizza!

Enjoy the spring and the stories.

Kelly said...

The pizza sounds delish!
Good luck on your story idea! I'm currently working on a new story and loving it!