Welcome!


Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!

Pages

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Virtual Time Suck is Not My Friend

The internet is a virtual time suck. 

Sad to say, it offers too much of a temptation for me. With a few clicks on the keyboard, I can discover endless sources of research for my WIP, catch up with my friends on their fantastic blogs, find great writing advice, not to mention all the social networking on Facebook and Twitter, and I don't even have to get out of my chair.

Pretty pathetic. 

I must resist this temptation that makes me confuse work and play, if I want to finish my manuscript.

I'm sure you've all noticed a slowing down of posts and hope you all understand that I need to take some time to focus on my work.  

I wish I were strong enough to go cold turkey, but I'm not. I'd miss you all too much and need a little diversion, every once in awhile. I'll post something on a weekly basis and more if I can, but I have this mental goal of finishing the revisions on my manuscript before the NESCBWI conference next month, and need to get this done.

I'll stop by and visit your blogs when I can and visit you on Facebook. Please don't be insulted if you don't hear from me regularly. 

I'll be much better when I can say I'm done. 

Thanks for your patience.

13 comments:

lanna-lovely said...

Totally understandable. I'm the same, with me, it's MSN that is my downfall... I sign in and then just stop whatever I'm doing or don't start what I should be doing. =/

Good luck finishing your manuscript. :]

Shelli said...

i second that - off to surf...i mean write.

beckylevine said...

You so NEVER have to apologize for putting your writing first. Stop by only as much as you need and get that revision done!

Beth Kephart said...

I get this.

I totally get this.

You owe none of us a thing. We just appreciate your presence, when you can make room for us.

Vivian said...

Of course you know I had to stop by and thank all of you for your support.

Lanna-Lovely, Shelli, Becky and Beth - You all rock! Thank you!

(BTW, it really is hard to stay off!)

PJ Hoover said...

Totally get this! Have some nice, focused time.

Liz in Ink said...

Yes, Vivian. Go.

I very regularly fade away. It is just too consuming otherwise...

You'll always be welcomed back :)

Jennifer said...

Good for you, Vivian. Totally understandable! :-)

Patty P said...

I'm in the same boat as you. Need to stay focused on my priority...which is to make my novel the best it can be.
I've noticed your absence but your impressive revisions are the results of your renewed focus.
Stick with it, Vivian!

Solvang Sherrie said...

I totally understand. I get sucked in, too. It's always difficult to find balance. Good luck with the revisions!

Heather Zundel said...

Go forth! We'll be here when you get back.

Suzanne Casamento said...

Go, go, GO! Get the revisions done! That's the most important part. We're rooting for you!

Patry Francis said...

I promised I wouldn't surf today, but here I am, wandering onto your blog. Thanks for the reminder! It's back to work for me!