Welcome!


Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!

Pages

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Kate DiCamillo's New Book:The Magician's Elephant First Chapter Here

Kate DiCamillo's new book, The Magician's Elephant will be out this September, and what a release it will be! A ten-city book tour and 500,000 copies for the first print run. 

Want to find out what all the excitement is about? Click on this widget, courtesy of Candlewick, to get a sneak peak at the book's first chapter.


4 comments:

Solvang Sherrie said...

Thanks for this, Vivian! My kids and I have enjoyed several of Kate Di Camillo's books -- how great to get a sneak peek at a new one!

Priya said...

Oooh! Looks like a cool book.

sheila said...

Oooh, WHAT a cover! Who did the artwork? Funny, some books you just know will do well. They exude amazingness.

My word verification is "reedging." Tell me that that IS a verb, somewhere in the universe!

Beth Kephart said...

Hey, thanks for this. I met Kate during the 2001 National Book Awards, when she was a finalist for The Tiger Rising. She knows how to use language, how to imagine and tell an interesting story (many interesting stories...)