Here are the rules:
1. The writing prompt used will be from the following sentences from Charlotte's Web.
"Templeton's eyes were blazing."2. What emotion are you feeling? What do you see or hear when you read these passages? Can you see an idea shaping up in your mind of characters, a time period, a scene, a plot, a story?
"Is this true?" he asked. "Is this appetizing yarn of yours true? I like high living, and what you say tempts me."
3. Write at least five sentences in the Comments section. If you'd like to write more, go for it, but the judging will be based only on the first five sentences. NOTE: Your writing is your property. Also, agonizing over perfect sentences is not allowed. The main thing is, from your five sentences, have you created enough interest for someone to want to read more? Just think, this may be a good start for your next manuscript.
4. If you'd like to offer up constructive critiques of other entries, even mine, please do so. Mean spirited comments will be deleted.
5. The contest ends today, April 30th at 11:00 pm, EST.
6. I will post entries in my blog tomorrow, May 1st and all of you get to be a judge.
8. The Winning Prize is a critique (by me) on the first chapter of your manuscript.
Put on your creative hat and play!