Welcome!


Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!

Pages

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Writing Confession #2

I'm a revision addict.

I am constantly changing my WIP.  Or, for that matter, anything I write.  Not sure whether it has to do with my insecurity that what I write is pure dribble. Or whether 

I wonder if I'll know when to stop I've finished PB.

7 comments:

PJ Hoover said...

Once it's in print, you can't change it.

Vivian said...

PJ,
You are so right. I need to come to terms with that.

Barrie said...

I live to revise. I'm totally with you.

beckylevine said...

This is the hardest thing to decide. I think it's a mix of delight with what you've got and nausea at the thought of trying to do any more! :)

Jim Danielson said...

I assure you what you write IS NOT dribble. My fear is that I personally don't love revision enough to do the dozen revisions needed to get my MS to a publishable state.

Beth Kephart said...

My method (of knowing when to stop) is to keep reading the passages out loud. When it flows to your ear, when you fall into its rhythm (as if you weren't the writer, but someone else was), you are ready....

Vivian said...

Beth,
I love your method. I will try this.

---

Jim,
Thank you. You have a good story that needs to be shared. I KNOW you will do it! Besides, we can all cheer each other on!
----

Becky,
I love your answer! No nausea point here, yet...

----
Barrie,
It's nice to know you love to revise, too! Happy Revising!