Welcome!


Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!

Pages

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Look Fear in the Eye and Get to Work

Only when we are no longer afraid do we begin to live.
- Dorothy Thompson

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do.
- Eleanor Roosevelt

Be not afraid of life. Believe that life is worth living, and your belief will help create the fact.


Has anyone told you lately that you're good enough, smart enough, clever enough?  

If not, I will.  

You have the right combination of genetic codes to do whatever it is you want to do.  You are smart, capable, talented and filled with potential.  

Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.  Throw out those negative thoughts that slow you down.  No need to have that in your way.

Instead, show yourself what you are capable of.  Prove to yourself that you can.  

Will you let the fear in and dominate your whole existence or will you totally kick it to the curb?  Are you going to follow your dream?  Or will you always wonder?

You decide.

Now get to work.

15 comments:

Beth Kephart said...

You are such a force of positivity, Vivian. Thanks for this post, and thanks for all of who you are.

Christine M said...

Great pep talk! Thanks!

Vivian said...

Chris,
You're welcome! By the way, WMKE is so good! It's good to read it again.

----

Beth,
Thank you for these kind words and your generous spirit.

Nowheymama said...

I needed that today. Thank you.

Vivian said...

Nowheymama,
I'm so glad! You deserve it.

egretsnest said...

Thank you. I took a break after nanowrimo ended and I needed one but I couldn't get myself back to work. I read the first line of your post and re-opened my file and wrote a few lines this morning. Thank you for the kick in the butt. I am going to print out your post for days when I need it.

Vivian said...

Egretsnest,
That makes me happy that this was helpful for you. You can do it!

Lorie Ann Grover said...

Thank you, Hipwritermama!

Vivian said...

Thanks, Lorie Ann. And congrats to you on the release of your new board book, HUG, HUG!

PJ Hoover said...

Thank you for such a GREAT post! I love when you post!

beckylevine said...

I love these posts. And needed this one today--I hope you remember these things are all true for you, too!

sheila said...

Heck, Vivian, where were you when I was 14? I could've used that pep talk. Would've saved me a lot of, err, umm, bizarre years.

Best of luck hunkering down!

Vivian said...

PJ,
Thank you! I needed a break but will be posting more and visiting blogs. Can't wait to read what you've been up to!
--------

Becky,
Thank you for your encouragement! Yes, I'm going to walk the walk on this one.
--------

Sheila,
You, my dear, are full of incredible energy and goals. I find it hard to believe you needed any sort of pep talk at 14.

And my pep talk when I was 14 would probably not be the most productive. I was in my rebellious phase--leaving notes for my parents to see the real me and not to expect me to be like their friends' accomplished children.

Hmmm...I wonder if I fell in line with the parental pressure, if I'd be ahead of the game by now. Sigh.

Michelle said...

Thank you.

I wish that someone had told me these things at key points in my life. I wonder how differently I'd have turned out.

Vivian said...

Michelle,
Thanks so much for visiting. I bet you're underestimating how you've handled things. And now that you've read this post, I hope this helps you and renews your energy to take care of yourself.