I wasn't sure that I'd find 16 interesting facts about myself (that I'd be willing to share with the public), but I've come up with a list. In case you're interested, these facts reflect my mood this gray day (which is helpful to a particular scene I'm working on in my historical novel right now), so be forewarned.
Before I forget, here are the rules:
Once you’ve been tagged, you have to write a note with 16 random things, shortcomings, facts, habits or goals about you. At the end choose 16 people to be tagged, listing their names and why you chose them. Tag the person who tagged you. And, finally, if you're tagged, please, no pressure on this...feel free to ignore the tag.
Here are 16 things about me:
1. I am fascinated by all things medical.
2. I love watching the medical shows on the Discovery Channel, but would never make a good doctor.
3. I also would never make a good news anchor.
4. Even though I was a newscaster at my college radio news station and loved every minute of it.
5. I cry when I hear sad things. Which would be embarrassing if I were a newscaster or doctor.
6. When I was 28, I noticed a strange mole on my foot and brought it to the attention of my dermatologist.
7. He told me I had nothing to worry about, since the mole was small and I didn't fall into a risk category. I insisted the mole didn't look right. He referred me to a surgeon.
8. I watched the surgeon take the mole off my foot. I wanted to see a real surgery. It was cool.
9. I found out I had melanoma right before I had to go to my husband's (boyfriend at the time) father's wake. It was devastating.
10. I'm a firm believer that you need to go through major trauma with a significant other to determine whether you have a future together. My husband is a rock.
11. I also believe in "love" at first sight. When I first met my husband, there was magic. Even though he ticked me off.
12. The surgeon had to take more skin off and once he was done stitching me up, my foot was twisted around. That made me queasy.
13. My surgeon taught me how to "collapse" with the crutches for sympathy. I used his method quite a bit with my boyfriend (now husband). It worked. Every time.
14. I missed my calling as an actress, but am perfectly happy acting out stories for my children.
15. My parents named me after the actress, Vivien Leigh.
Okay, I'm going to tag anyone who wants to follow along. Just let me know so I can read and comment on your 16 Things!
Tag, you're it!