Welcome!


Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!

Pages

Monday, December 15, 2008

Inspiration Monday: Time to Hunker Down

One-and-a-half weeks left before winter break and the kids will be home, home, home for the holidays.  There will be little time for writing or plotting or shopping or wrapping, so I've got to keep focused for the next nine days.  

I have to admit, I've been distracted with life stuff these past few weeks.  Nothing I can't get through.  Especially, since I don't want to use this as an excuse for not moving towards my dream of becoming a published author.

I'm so excited about how PB is progressing and can't wait to make it a reality.  It's time to hunker down and work on the finishing touches.

What about you?  What are you working on?

8 comments:

Beth Kephart said...

Vivian,
Inside the conversations, laughter, snowman building, something will occur to you—a scene, a transition—and though you might be at your desk, you'll still be writing, in that essential sense.

Jennifer said...

It's a distracting time of year. Glad to hear you're excited about your PB! I just finished up a busy week of map jobs and am really looking forward to getting back to my PB-WIP. (How's that for acronyms?) :-)

Val said...

Im ripping and shredding an old novel and actually having fun doing it. I'm using sticky notes and colored pencils and it's working. Check it out on my blog. It's a process that I teach in my class and it works!

It's raining like crazy this morning and I love it.

lanna-lovely said...

There's a whole bunch of things I should be doing but I just keep procrastinating... I always seem to do that at this time of year. :o/

PJ Hoover said...

I'm looking at book 3 in my Forgotten Worlds trilogy, and trying to do an initial revision. Fun.

Sarah Rettger said...

I'm working on Bea's story, moving things around and finding all the places where I need to add to the narrative. One of these days it'll be ready to submit again!

(Tricia, it's all in longhand, too!)

Solvang Sherrie said...

I haven't worked on my book for about two weeks. I've been sick and my in-laws are here. But I'm looking forward to a writing workshop with Val next month!

Vivian said...

Sherrie,
Oooh! A writing workshop! You're going to love it.

Feel better!

----

Sarah,
Can't wait to see what Bea ends up doing next! She has a great story to tell.

----

PJ,
I just know you're going to whip through the revision. You're full of motivation and dedication. And it shows in your stories. I love that.

----

Lanna-lovely,
How I adore your moniker! It is hard doing things at this time of year. Which is why I've got to double up the efforts. Hope you do well!

----

Val,
Sounds very interesting and result-oriented. Which is always a good thing. I'll check out your blog.

----

Jennifer,
Good luck with your WIP. Can't wait until we're both done and then compare what PB means!

----

Beth,
Thank you for the encouragement! This did wonders.