Welcome!


Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!

Pages

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

That's Some Makeover...

This takes the cake.  While our national economy is going haywire, the Republican National Party has spent $150,000 in clothes and makeup for Sarah Palin and her family.  

One hundred and fifty thousand dollars.  In two months.

Obviously, one would want a makeover before going into the national spotlight...but $150,000 worth?  Since late August?  

$150,000 would pay for my family's health insurance premiums for about 8.7 years, if and only if, the premiums don't go up on us.  Which you know they will.

I better go eat some cake...  

Actually, I better not.  

I can't afford to get sick.  

9 comments:

beth said...

AhahahahahahAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!!

beckylevine said...

Oh, god. There's no limit, is there?

m. thompson said...

That's a lot of money for a makeover. Disgusting.

Health insurance premiums are that much? I'm considering myself lucky since my husband's company pays 80% of the premiums, and it appears we're still getting quite a discount. I never realized.

Beth Kephart said...

But darling, she's got the tan (thanks to her $40,000 in-home tanning bed). So she must, therefore, come up with the threads to go with the tan.

(NOT!!!!)

MotherReader said...

My favorite part is how the clothes are going to charity afterwards. Oh, thanks. That makes it all better.

On the positive side, that concept does seem to imply that their is an afterwards which would have to be a campaign afterwards because if it were a White House afterwards then she'd still need the clothes, right?

Sarah Rettger said...

Vivian, I love your take on this.

I'm going to a taping of Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me tomorrow, and looking forward to seeing what they do.

Alkelda the Gleeful said...

Those boots she wears are fabulous, though. Absolutely fabulous. I mean, if I had to choose between fabulous boots and health care, I'd...

{SLAP}

Oof. Thanks, I needed that.

Robin Brande said...

Mother Reader, do you really think SP is going to let them take those clothes away from her? They look perfectly tailored to fit, and they're gorgeous clothes. No way she lets anyone pry them out of her hands.

For some reason the makeup artist part of it is more shocking to me. That's a lot of dough for paint. And it's not like you can donate it to charity afterward.

Anonymous said...

I'd just like $150 of that for a makeover. I'm not greedy.
Seriously, that is crazy. Makes you wonder what she was wearing before.

Kim Baccellia