Welcome!


Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!

Pages

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A Thousand Words a Day

A thousand words a day.  At least.  

Every day.  

That was my goal.  And I'm sticking to it.  

For the most part.

I didn't do any on Sunday, but I've made up the difference.  What I've liked about this little routine is the discipline, the progress, the sense of accomplishment, the routine.  

Every day, I'm one step closer to saying my manuscript is finished.  And that makes me happy.
 
What are you doing to get closer to your goal?

9 comments:

PJ Hoover said...

Reading your blog????

No, seriously, I've had the most productive last week and a half, getting so much done on the marketing and publicity side of things. Stuff that needs to get done, but I haven't had the time.
And it feels great to be marking things off the list!

Plus I'm pinging my critique group for ideas. :)

beth said...

I thought this was such a brilliant idea that I adopted it for myself! I've met my goal every day except yesterday, when I had a touch of food poisoning (I consider that an OK reason to take a break!).

The best thing is, it's not too much or too little--I don't know about you, but when I see the word count go up at 1,000, that feels like a lot! On the other hand, it's only a few pages....but it's a good enough length to make me feel as if I'm accomplishing something with my work, and it's not too overwhelming that I feel like I can't write every day.

beckylevine said...

I'm so impressed. Go, go, go!

Vivian said...

PJ,
Got the ping. I'm on my way.
-----

Beth,
You're right. The few pages makes a difference and is totally possible. Good luck!
-----

Becky,
Thanks! And good luck to you!

PJ Hoover said...

And here I thought I was being subtle!!!!! :)
No rush! Think all day!

Beth Kephart said...

I haven't written words in forever, it seems. But I'm reading good books and I'm breathing and I'm hoping that gets me ready for the day that I will write again.

Barrie said...

1000 words a day? You'll be done in no time! Way to go, Vivian!

I've been doing all sorts of other stuff--publicity, kid stuff, etc. I miss the writing and am looking forward to being back in writing mode end Sept/beg Oct.

Liz in Ink said...

I'm so impressed with this effort, Vivian. It's so hard to think in terms of thousands of words when you're writing picture books. I sometimes find the lack of measurable output kind of ... off-putting...

The Cole Mine said...

Cheers to you!

I have vowed to do one scrapbook page a night until I'm caught up (with the occasional night off of course).
;)