Welcome!


Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!

Pages

Friday, September 12, 2008

Five on a Friday

  1. The weather here has been fantastic most of this week.  We've been outside most of the time, storing up on sun and warmth as the crisp fall nights are upon us.  But it has been a good week, tough at times, but positive.  And for that, I am grateful.

  2. 1,000 words a day has never looked so good.  I've made progress on PB and worked on revisions for TSOF.  I've set a deadline of October 30th to be done with PB.  I want this done before the holidays, because I've got another story begging to be told.

  3. Can you say chocolate cake? I surprised my family with two desserts this week.  I used to love to bake.  Cheesecakes, decadent cookies, rich cakes...you name it, I baked it.  But once my middle child was diagnosed with her food allergies, the baking went on the back burner.  I figured it was time to bring some fun into our dessert options, especially, since I've introduced whole wheat pasta and other healthy food items into our daily menu.  I made this amazing vegan chocolate cake, jam thumbprint cookies, and an apple crisp--the kids were thrilled.  You don't miss the eggs and butter!  I didn't think of taking pictures of these sweet morsels, but I will next week.  Youngest has a birthday very soon!

  4. My house looks like a hurricane blew threw it.  Boxes, clothes, shoes, papers are strewn everywhere right now since I'm in the midst of a major decluttering project.  Project Declutter. Of my whole house.  So far, I've managed to clean out a hall closet, give away bags and bags of toys and clothes to a couple of charities that picked up the items this week, and create a huge mess in each room.  I shall remain positive about this and hope I get some semblance of order by next week.  When we have little one's birthday party.  Gulp.

  5. I've been visiting my children's classes during the week and it's been so awesome to hear my children's friends calling out to me, waving and running up to hug me. Even fourth grader's friends.  

Enjoy your weekend!

8 comments:

Kelly said...

Sounds like a good week, overall, HWM. Congrats!

PJ Hoover said...

Your five are awesome! You go on the getting decluttered! This will be a major task for me week after next. It seems overwhelming at first, and then gets under control - sort of like revisions!
Wait, exactly like revisions :)
Your desserts are making me hungry.
So what's the other story? Dish.

Vivian said...

Kelly,
Thanks! Hope your week went well!
---

PJ,
Decluttering is like revisions. But harder to live with! I'll e-mail you later.

courtneywrites said...

Have a wonderful weekend!

keri mikulski :) said...

What a great week. Yummy desserts. :) Have a nice weekend. :)

Vivian said...

Thanks Courtney!
Hope your weekend is great, too!

----
Keri,
The desserts were yummy. Now we have to run around the block a few times. Have a nice weekend!

Karen said...

I absolutely love your Five on a Friday posts!! Katie at Creative Literacy has borrowed, and done a Friday Four.
I love the idea of looking back and reflecting.
I may have to "borrow" this wonderful idea, if you don't mind.

Vivian said...

Karen,
Thanks for visiting. You're more than welcome to start your own Five on a Friday posts! I "borrowed" the idea from one of my critique buddies. And there are many other bloggers who do this, too!