Welcome!


Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!

Pages

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Five on a Friday: Sunday Edition

This has been a tough week, with what I thought was slim pickin's of the good stuff.  But, life is full of joy, if you only know where to look, and as my dad told me during a tough time when I was in my teens, "There is always a rainbow after a storm..."
  1. My youngest is now FIVE!!!  I look at this miracle of a child and am blessed.  

  2. My other two blessings, her older sisters, helped organize a spontaneous birthday party for five-year-old and four of her little friends at our house.  This is the first friend birthday party she's ever had and she had a blast.  Her sisters helped with the different stations--painting bat masks, face painting, balloon animals (thank goodness for YouTube and good instructions), and a singing/dance area.  A good time was had by all.

  3. I decided I needed a break this week and took time to take care of my family.  I played with the kids.  Did lots of cooking and baking for loved ones.  Visited with family and friends. 

  4. I didn't write this week.  No 1,000 words-a-day and it was strangely liberating.  It actually gave me time to think about different scenarios that could lead to one crucial scene and I started writing again today.  

  5. The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson:  First of all, the cover is simply stunning and perfect for this book.  Then there is the premise...How far would you go to save someone you love?  Finally, there is the read, which unlayered psychological, physical and philosophical questions that made me finish this book in one gulp.  Go read this book and give all your loved ones hugs and kisses.

Hope you're all enjoying your weekend!

3 comments:

beckylevine said...

Congratulations on knowing when to take that break. It is huge, isn't it, to just let something go for a few days--even something you love. Sometimes all the multi-tasking we do is too much. :)

And, yes, TOTALLY agree with you about Jenna Fox. Whew.

PJ Hoover said...

I loved Adoration also! And I'm glad you took a break this week. I can see the liberation of it.
Glad you're doing OK and looking at everything positive in life.

Barrie said...

Isn't it weird how during a break from writing your brain keeps churning out ideas? Same for me. Happy Monday!