Welcome!


Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!

Pages

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

First Day of School Blues

My two oldest children started school today.  I couldn't wait, since the last few weeks were somewhat tortuous, with all the bickering and whatnot.  

I hope they like their teachers, have good friends in their class and enjoy school. Oh, I hope this is a good year.

The girls have only been in school a couple hours, and the house seems too quiet.  

Much.  Too. Quiet.  

6 comments:

PJ Hoover said...

Quiet here, too, Vivian!
We need to set up iChat.

Nowheymama said...

Too quiet here, even though only one child is in school!

Jennifer said...

The silence is bizarre, right? But kind of lovely, too. ('Specially without the bickering!) My kids started last week. I don't know why we start before Labor Day here...

Barrie said...

Here's to a good school year, one and all!

sheila said...

Quiet. Hmm. Must be nice. I wouldn't know - mine are still bickering and whatnotting in MY house.

What was I thinking?

Patty P said...

Oh, I feel your pain. Isn't it both lonely and joyful at the same time?