Welcome!


Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!

Pages

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Where Are All The Boston Area Writers?

One of my critique pals, PJ Hoover, is lucky. Not only does she write good books (which is because she's talented, rather than lucky), but she's got this awesome writing community in her area that meets on a regular basis (the lucky part).

And it got me thinking.  Where are all the Boston area writers?  Anyone interested in getting a group together starting this fall?  Send me e-mail at hipwritermama @ comcast dot net

Anyone?  

8 comments:

Christine M said...

Sorry, not in Boston. But my new WIP is set there. Does that count?

And I know I was thinking the same thing when I read PJs post - how lucky she is to have such a great local community!

PJ Hoover said...

Hey, you guys could move here! There's some houses for sale in the neighborhood, we could drop the kids at school, and then we could write all day.
Now does that sound like bliss or what!
Thanks, Vivian!

beckylevine said...

They MUST be out there. Do you guys have a local SCBWI branch?

Vivian said...

Becky,
There is a local SCBWI branch a town over, but there doesn't seem to be any activity. At least none I've noted from the website or newsletters. I'm figuring the groups around here are based more on the relationships people have developed through networking.

So the search and the networking begins.
----

PJ,
It would be fun, wouldn't it?

----

Chris,
Only if we can organize our critique group get-together! :-)

Christine M said...

A critique group get together would be awesome - that's true.

And PJ - that would be fun to all live in the same neighborhood!

PJ Hoover said...

We'd be the most prolific, happiest group of writers around.
And, added benefit,the kids could all play!

beth said...

At least you have a chance of getting a group together in Boston! My closest neighbors are cows--they certainly aren't going to be joning a group any time soon!

Sarah Rettger said...

At the moment, getting to Boston is my goal. (I'd be a good telecommuter, really - I just have to convince my bosses.) So as soon as I'm there, Vivian, we'll have to put something together!