Welcome!


Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!

Pages

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Stephenie Meyer's Mesmerizing Twilight Saga

I first read Stephenie Meyer's books, Twilight and New Moon over a year ago.  These two books totally sucked me in, and I found myself entranced by Stephenie Meyer's plotting.  Since then, I've read the third book in the series, Eclipse and need to read the final book in the series when it comes out.  I need closure.   

Breaking Dawn will be released on August 2, 2008, and in case you're curious, here's a sneak peek into the first chapter.  Now check out the four-city concert tour to promote the book.

I have to admit, I've been intrigued by Stephenie Meyer's career.  It's hard not to be, when her first book, Twilight, flew up the charts, with devoted fans anxious for more.  If you're curious about Stephenie Meyer,  read this recent article from Entertainment Weekly's website.

As you may well know by now, Twilight is being made into a movie, due to be released December 12, 2008.  Check out the Twilight movie website for cool pictures of the actors all dressed up in their roles, some videos and production information.  

EW reports that one of Stephenie's fans approached her at a book signing.
''Are we going to feel complete at the end of Breaking Dawn?'' she whispered pleadingly. Meyer handed the girl back a signed book and smiled. ''I can't really answer that question for you,'' she said, her voice both cheerful and firm. ''But I felt closure.''

Uh-oh....I'm a huge Edward fan and am rooting for him in Breaking Dawn.  What about you?  Edward or Jacob?  

9 comments:

Anna M. Lewis said...

Well, I have to admit that I am a huge Edward fan.

My 16YO daughter just reread Twilight to study the pacing. Then, she came to me and whined, "I will never be that good as a writer. How does she do it?"

Have you read The Host? I only got a few pages in and now our copy is traveling around my daughter's friends. E moans about that book, too! (BTW E reads a book a day, from the classics to ???)

kathleen said...

Oh, Edward. I had imagined a dark-haired Edward. Sigh.

PJ Hoover said...

I think I'm the only Jacob fan, though I know it will be Edward in the end.

beth said...

I *devoured* the first book (I described it to my friend as literary crack). However, by the end of that book, I could tell it would be a big "will she or won't she" style romance. I'm going to have to wait for the end of the series (and maybe for all the books to be made into movies) before I can think about reading past Twilight.

On another note, am I the only who thinks Cedric Diggory looks creepy as Edward?

courtneywrites said...

I know this is awful, but I am so behind in reading this series . . . it is one of my resolutions for the summer!

sheila said...

I'm still getting over the fact that it's CEDRIC DIGGORY! I guess getting offed by Voldemort had him casting about for something new to do...

I have not read these, but a friend's daughter introduced me to them last year, while we were all at the beach together. She is NUTS about them. I like anything that gets people talking like this, though. It's fun - all that excitement and action. We were very sad in our house when the last Harry Potter book came out. The anticipation was half the fun.

Alkelda the Gleeful said...

If Edward showed up at my doorstep looking like he does on the cover of Entertainment Weekly, I'd run away screaming. Too pale! It looks as if he forgot to put on the rest of his clown makeup.

These books for me are like eating the Dagoba "Chai" flavored milk-chocolate. I love dark chocolate and will choose it over milk chocolate just about every time, except for the chai flavor. Hmmm... I wonder if there's still time for product placement in the film...

"Tee hee," as James Marshall's Martha would say.

Anonymous said...

The EW cover doesn't work for me. Yeah, he's too creepy looking and not beautiful enough. And she is too beautiful and not ordinary looking enough. Nothing like Hollywood's interpretation.

And Edward. By far.

kiri8 said...

Oh, I'm a Jacob fan all the way. Edward is way too controlling, and their relationship is definitely not one of equals. I'm guessing Edward wins in the end, though.

I'm very excited for the movie, only I'm so far really disappointed with the guy playing Jacob, where as the guy playing Edward seems just perfect. Don't know why they made him look so creepy and ugly on the EW cover.