Welcome!


Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!

Pages

Friday, July 25, 2008

Inspiration in Honor of Randy Pausch

I just heard the sad news that Randy Pausch passed away earlier today. I've decided to repost this, in his honor.

Randy Pausch--professor at Carnegie Mellon University, founder of the Alice Project, author of The Last Lecture--inspired millions and made people believe anything is possible. My thoughts and prayers go to his family.

Please make the time, 76 minutes to be exact, to watch the Last Lecture of Randy Pausch, Professor of Carnegie Mellon University. I know, it's a lot of time. But, even start with 10 minutes. You will see life in a whole new way.

7 comments:

Nowheymama said...

Thank you for posting this! I have read excerpts and articles but not the entire book yet, nor have I watched the lecture.

Christine M said...

He was truly an inspiring man. Thank you for posting this.

beth said...

I downloaded the audio to the lecture the first time you posted it. I listened to it on my iPod as I was trying to clean the house. I can still remember making the bed as he gave those wonderfully moving lines, where he tells what the "final twist" of the story is...and I just stood there with my sheets in my hands, thinking about how wonderfully beautiful that sentiment was.

Robin Brande said...

What an amazing man. Love this video. Good work posting it, HWM!

The Cole Mine said...

I'm looking forward to reading his book. Thanks for sharing this. What a wonderful person...

courtneywrites said...

I was so sorry to hear of his passing -- I remember watching the Diane Sawyer interview just a few months ago. Thanks for posting the link for the lecture.

Jules at 7-Imp said...

Thanks for this. I'm gonna make time to watch that later.