Welcome!


Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!

Pages

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Inspiration: Dara Torres, 41-Year-Old Olympic Swimmer Breaks Record

Forty-somethings never looked so good. Dara Torres, a nine-time Olympic medal winner, is headed to the 2008 Summer Olympic Games in Beijing.  I know I'll be cheering her on.  

Want some inspiration?  Just watch this video....then get to work.  

5 comments:

m. thompson said...

Wow. She is a total inspiration. Thanks for posting this.

Sara Latta said...

She is awesome. I couldn't help noting that the sponsor of the spot was...Oil of Olay. Not a coincidence, I think, considering its target audience.

Robin Brande said...

Isn't she FANTASTIC?! I loved watching her in the Olympic trials. She's obviously very driven, but still has that easy, natural smile that let's you know she's doing exactly what she wants to be doing with her life.

Go, Dara!

The Cole Mine said...

I was feeling old and this is just the kick in the pants I needed to knock it off. She is amazing. Thanks for sharing...

PJ Hoover said...

Talk about inspiring! Can you say - I want those abs. I feel like working out!
Thanks, HWM.