Welcome!


Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!

Pages

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Gabe Schwartzman: Seventeen-Year-Old Brews Biodiesel

All I can say, is this is one environmentally-friendly way to respond to the growing fuel costs. Check out this article about a high school senior.  If you'd like to learn how to make your own biodiesel, start off on YouTube or Google.

For a photo of Gabe Schwartzman in his basement lab, go here.  Photo credits to The Washington Post.

What were you doing at seventeen?

Edited to Add this YouTube video: Check out how articulate Gabe is in his interview...

6 comments:

Nowheymama said...

RE: Your comment on my blog. Have you read Animal, Vegetable, Miracle?

Vivian said...

Hey, NoWheyMama!
It's on my list. Thanks for reminding me about it!

A Literate Musician said...

At seventeen... I was trying to survive calculus.

PJ Hoover said...

i should have been brewing biodeisel, but I had just graduated and was busy drinking what others had brewed.

Jules at 7-Imp said...

GO, GABE!

Gabe Schwartzman said...

Hey, this is Gabe Schwartzman, and I just want to say thank you all, and really, all of you can do that, its so easy to do the simple solutions