Welcome!


Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!

Pages

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Sexism Sells--But We're Not Buying It

Check out this YouTube video.  If you're outraged, click here to sign The Women's Media Center's petition campaign against sexism in the national news outlets.  Otherwise, carry on.

Thank you, readergirlz, for sharing this one.

Edited to Add:  Also related...I just found this post from a New York Times Opinion blog. Check out all the comments.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

This video (except for the music) is great! I love it. This primary season has reinvigorated my feminism, I have to say. We'll always have Hillary Clinton to thank for that: I think her influence on younger women is greater than people can imagine right now, even though she lost in the end.