Welcome!


Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!

Pages

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Movies: National Treasure: I Heart Nicolas Cage

A couple weekends ago, I watched the movies National Treasure and National Treasure 2: The Book of Secrets with my eldest daughter.  I'm not sure who enjoyed the movies more, me or her, but all I've got to say...these movies make history cool for kids.  There's action, witty comments, there are secrets to be revealed, and of course, there is Nicolas Cage.    

I have to say, these movies kind of reminded me of the Indiana Jones movies, which I adored when I was younger.  Or maybe it was Harrison Ford I adored.    

In any event, if you haven't watched the National Treasure movies yet, check out the movie trailers below.  Enjoy!   

National Treasure 1



National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets

7 comments:

Nowheymama said...

*adding movies to Netflix list*

Thanks!

The Cole Mine said...

I saw the first one and really did enjoy it. I hope my sons love it too when they're old enough to watch. I agree - it really gets kids into the history thing!
:)

Kimberly/lectitans said...

They're heavily inspired by the original Indiana Jones movies, with the puzzles and action and history. What was fascinating for me was watching the new Indiana Jones, and seeing the places where National Treasure had obviously influenced it. (At least 2 of the traps were similar to stuff in the National Treasure movies.)

PJ Hoover said...

I LOVE THESE MOVIES!
Definitely I was the most excited, but I rub off on the kids.

Jennifer, Snapshot said...

We watched it last night. I think that I liked the second one more than the first.

I love that they are family friendly--still a great story, still suspenseful without bad language and other stuff.

michio said...

Hello.
I access it with a Japanese from Japan.
The English is studying, but is very particular.
I am sudden, but may link?
Thanking you in advance.
Poor English,sorry.

Candace E. Salima said...

I absolutely love these movies so much! Almost as much as I love the Chronicles of Narnia films. We own both National Treasures and the first Chronicles. I'm so happy there are so many great movies coming out this year. There's been such a dearth over the last few years.

Hey, if you still want to choose a day this month to review my book, Forged in the Refiner's Fire, email me and I'll send you all the info.