Welcome!


Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!

Pages

Monday, June 23, 2008

Inspiration Monday Quotes

But there is suffering in life, and there are defeats. No one can avoid them. But it's better to lose some of the battles in the struggles for your dreams than to be defeated without ever knowing what you're fighting for.
-Paulo Coelho

Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.
-Robert F. Kennedy

It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes short again and again, who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause, who at best knows achievement and who at the worst if he fails at least fails while daring greatly so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.
-Theodore Roosevelt

Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.
-Thomas Edison

Today's a new day.  
Pick yourself up and work towards your dream.  
You Can Do It!

12 comments:

PJ Hoover said...

Consider me picked up!
Thanks for the inspiration, HWM! I love your blog posts :)
How many times did Thomas Edison fail at the light bulb? Time for Google.

Nowheymama said...

I needed that.

m. thompson said...

Oh, these are good. Thank you!

beckylevine said...

Great quotes. My version to myself--"What are you, thirteen? Just do it & quit worrying about looking silly." :)

PJ Hoover said...

Whoa! I love your version, Becky. Um, can I use it sometime? :)

Vivian said...

Becky,
I'm with PJ. I love your quote. Thanks for sharing it!

----
M. Thompson,
Glad you liked these.

----
NoWheyMama,
I'm glad these helped. You can do it!

----
PJ,
Did you have a chance to Google this one? There appears to be many answers.

PJ Hoover said...

Ah, now I Googled it. Some are saying he didn't even invent it. Once again, I LOVE THE INTERNET!

Barrie said...

Great quotes. I need to start putting some of these on sticky notes and sticking them to my desk. :)

The Cole Mine said...

Really enjoy reading these...Thank you!

Stacey from Two Writing Teachers said...

Wonderful sentiments!

Liz in Ink said...

No matter what day I find your inspiring posts, it's the right day. Thanks...

Little Willow said...

Are you familiar with the song Dare You to Move by Switchfoot? It's fantastic. In fact, Miss Erin recently posted the lyrics at her blog.