Welcome!


Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!

Pages

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Harry Potter's Hero's Journey

Suzanne pointed out in this introductory post about The Hero's Journey, the Harry Potter books follow this plotting method.  And so they do.  

If you'd like to learn more about Harry's journey, you can read thisthis and this.  

7 comments:

Nowheymama said...

Thanks for all the links!

:: Suzanne :: said...

Disclosure: I didn't notice this all by myself. A friend of my Dad's, John Granger, pointed it out to me in one of his books.

Now I am off to see if NoWheyMama, who commented above, has any good ideas for uses of whey.

Vivian said...

NoWheyMama,
Glad you liked the links.
_____

Suzanne,
It is too cool you know the Hogwart's Professor. Thanks so much for sharing this!

BTW, NoWheyMama has a child allergic to dairy/whey. But I bet you can use it in breads or protein shakes--or at least I'm thinking this since I always see it mentioned in the ingredient lists.

m. thompson said...

This is great stuff. Maybe it will help my writing.

Vivian said...

M. Thompson,
Good luck!

beth said...

Great stuff! Thanks for the links!

Barrie said...

Very cool. I love to see The Hero's Journey applied to novels. I'm a huge fan of it. Thanks!