Welcome!


Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!

Pages

Thursday, May 29, 2008

What's Wrong With This Picture?

It appears that Miley Cyrus aka Hannah Montana is a hot commodity.  According to the LA Times, if a photographer can get a picture of her first kiss, it'll be worth $30,000 - $150,000. 

Okay, so millions of young girls and teens love her music and need to know everything about her. But...am I the only one who thinks this is seriously wrong?

8 comments:

mary said...

It's tough enough being a teen. The first kiss is supposed to be memorable. Actually, it will be memorable for her, won't it?

PJ Hoover said...

This is seriously wrong.
But it goes with the life. She could just walk away from it, right?

Christine M said...

It's really a shame. She should be able to be talented and have her show and still be able to maintain some normality. -- and then you wonder why some teen stars turn to drinking and drugs - if they are being chased and harassed every moment of the day - perhaps they see it as their only escape. Sad.

Jules at 7-Imp said...

Oh, I'm so depressed now, as the mother of girls. But why am I surprised?

beth said...

Ick. It's horrible that people will go so low as to buy/sell in this commodity--and it's just as horrible that there are people in the world who are willing to purchase magazines with such a photo for that photo. Ick, ick, ick.

Nowheymama said...

Beck at Frog and Toad Are Friends has done some wonderful posts on this topic. It's so sad.

Jenny said...

Ugh! I'm sad and completely disgusted. While I'm not a Miley Cyrus fan, I feel absolutely terrible for her. I also feel vaguely grossed out that people are so interested in her first kiss that a photo of it is worth so much...

beckylevine said...

Totally, completely, insanely wrong. Let me just say, for the gazillionth time, how happy I am to have a son who--partial thanks due to awesome older boy cousins--that being a "gaming geek" who is smart and reads tons about magic qualifies as the ultimate in coolness.

That poor girl.