Welcome!


Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!

Pages

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Inspiration Monday on a Tuesday: Randy Pausch: Live Well, Find Your Passion, Follow Your Dreams

Three of my nephews graduated from college over the past couple of weeks.  Besides the fact it makes me feel old, it also makes me nostalgic for my college days where it was easier to believe that I could accomplish anything.

Enter Randy Pausch: professor at Carnegie Mellon University, founder of the Alice Project, author of The Last Lecture, and all-around incredible person.  

This man can make you believe that anything is possible.  

This post is dedicated to my nephews: B., L. and S.  
May you believe in yourself and find what you love.  
Congratulations!

Randy Pausch's 2008 Commencement Speech for Carnegie Mellon University (6 minutes):


If you'd like to see Randy Pausch's Last Lecture, here it is (76 minutes):

6 comments:

beth said...

I just heard the speech online. It is so beautiful. I was fine until the last two sentences (his last twist)--then I started crying.

Jenny said...

Ahhh... thanks for the post. I was tearing up more and more as the speech went on... everything he said really made me think...

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks for the fantastic Tuesday inspiration, HWM!

beckylevine said...

Sigh. Someday I'm going to get high-speed internet at my house & be able to view these great videos you post.

Thanks for all the Monday inspirations. :)

Barrie said...

Incredible. My exercise buddy has been bugging me to listen to this talk. Then, when I saw it on your blog, I figured it was time. Very inspirational. Like Beth, though, the last couple of lines were toughies.

Cloudscome said...

I love this! Thanks for posting them.