Welcome!


Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!

Pages

Friday, May 9, 2008

In the Know: Gas Prices

You know it's bad when you drive around town, gas meter hovering empty, and you still hesitate to buy gas.  Just in case the prices go down the next day. 

If you'd like to search out the cheapest place around your town for gas, here's a link I discovered last year. If you're the type who likes to compare prices, here's another link for your peace of mind. Just type in your zip code, and you'll get a listing of nearby gas stations with their most recently reported prices. 

5 comments:

PJ Hoover said...

I don't put it off, but I do notice them all the time. And I'll drive an extra couple miles to "check if this one is cheaper". Wow, it's like gambling.

Christine M said...

I have always hated stopping to fill up. And now even more so. But I'm down to a quarter of a tank and we're going to my brother's today - so I think a fill up will be necessary - I only hope prices haven't gone up since yesterday! (and I know that by the standards of the rest of the country NJs gas prices are on the low side. Yesterday most of the stations around here were at about $3.47)

Barrie said...

I am so trying that link!

Sarah Rettger said...

When I drove past a gas station advertising $4.08 today, I had fond memories of the time I said unprintable things when I saw my local Hess station had raised the price to $1.78 - because it a shock to see it ten cents higher than the day before.

(By the way, HWM, at that point my local gas station was on Route 9 in Natick - not too far from you.)

The Cole Mine said...

Love it - Thanks!