Welcome!


Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!

Pages

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Cool Books: The Watsons Go To Birmingham - 1963

You know you're in for a great read when you start laughing out loud in the pediatrician's waiting room and your eldest daughter starts inching away from you. And you're only on Chapter One.

The book? The Watsons Go to Birmingham-1963 by Christopher Paul Curtis.

Go read it. I'll post a review when I finish this.

5 comments:

Jules at 7-Imp said...

Heh. What a fabulously funny book. So perfect.

Jules, 7-Imp

beckylevine said...

I loved this book. It only gets better, too, from where you are. Looking forward to the review.

Sara said...

This one made me a C.P. Curtis fan for life.

Megan Germano said...

Agreed, this made me a Christopher Paul Curtis fan for life as well. I read it aloud EVERY single year and I have never had one kid say they didn't love it. IT IS SO FUNNY!
(I do admit that I do NOT like Christopher Paul Curtis's Mr. Chickee's series. Hate both those books... love everything else.

Libby said...

I'm with everyone else--what a fabulous book! I envy you discovering it for the first time. I'm about to pass it along to my husband and son for their next read-aloud.