Welcome!


Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!

Pages

Thursday, March 27, 2008

My Five Favorite Posts Meme

I've been tagged for a meme by Two Writing Teachers. Basically, you're supposed to pick five of your favorite posts and share it.  This proved to be a difficult task; however, it was fun reading through old posts.  Here are the five I chose--hope you enjoy.  
By the way, I tag anyone who wants to participate. If you do, comment below with your link and I'll visit.
--------------------
I wrote this last year when I was frustrated with reading levels and how to use them to find books my eldest daughter wanted to read.  This post gets quite a few visits a day, so I'm glad people are finding it helpful.

Interesting character development usually involves some sort of conflict and compromise.  This post goes through some of my thought process as I write.  If you're interested in some more of my writing tips, you can find them here.

I wrote this post because I see the girls in my town growing up with too many expectations and it makes me sad.  Boys do grow up with pressure to succeed, but for some reason, I don't see the same fall out for them.  Keep in mind, this is my opinion only.  What I loved what how this post resonated with so many people.   

I love my Inspiration Monday posts.  I really like this post because it helped me focus on what was good about my work and that's important in the writing world.  Or anytime, for that matter.

Finally, I'll close with 7-Imp's interview with me.   I know, I know.  It's not officially a post from my blog, but I couldn't help myself.  This was such an honor and very much appreciated. 
---------------------------------

If you'd like to participate in this meme, consider yourself tagged.  Comment below with your link and I'll visit.  

1 comment:

Stacey from Two Writing Teachers said...

Awesome. Great to reread some of these again. :)