Welcome!


Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!

Pages

Saturday, January 19, 2008

J.K. Rowling will be Harvard's Commencement Speaker

How I wish I knew someone at Harvard. June 5, 2008 will surely be a spell-binding time on Harvard's campus. While I would love to hear J.K. Rowling speak, and I'm sure she'll have an impressive speech prepared, I'm curious what Harvard students think about this choice when they could have a distinguished political dignitary or business tycoon pass their words of wisdom.

2 comments:

PJ Hoover said...

Could we sneak in somehow?

beckylevine said...

You know, I'm trying to think who the equivalent would have been when I graduated. 'Cause here's the thing--this is the author those kids grew up with! The books have been out what, 10 years? Maybe? So when these kids were 11, that's when Harry Potter appeared in their lives. That's a high percentage of their lifetime.

Pretty cool, I think.