Welcome!


Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!

Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Books To Read in 2008

Now that January is underway, I thought I'd share some of the books I'm looking forward to reading this year. These are written out in no particular order, just as they come to mind.


Three Little Words by Ashley Rhodes-Courter

Evolution, Me and Other Freaks of Nature by Robin Brande

Kimchi and Calamari by Rose Kent

Secondhand World by Katherine Min

Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr

Spanking Shakespeare by Jake Wizner

The Luxe by Anna Godbersen

The White Darkness by Geraldine McCaughrean

The Wednesday Wars by Gary D. Schmidt

Letters from Rapunzel by Sara Lewis Holmes

Tamar by Mal Peet

The Emerald Tablet by P.J. Hoover

Just Listen by Sarah Dessen

Alive and Well in Prague, New York by Daphne Grab

Miss Spitfire by Sarah Miller

Keep in mind that these books are just a sample of what I have to look forward to this year. The beauty of my To Be Read bookstack is that it never ceases to end. Each new day offers the promise of tempting book titles I'll discover and want to read. And that to me is pure heaven.

Curious what books other bloggers are planning to read? For other book lists, go on over and visit Colleen Mondor. She's got a nice summary of book lists from other bloggers, some which are linked below:

Bildungsroman

Bookshelves of Doom

Chasing Ray

Finding Wonderland

Fuse #8

Interactive Reader

Jen Robinson

Miss Erin

Seven Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Writing and Ruminating

The YA YA YA's

Go follow these links for other promising reads.

I'd like to end my book list by linking to the new authors in the Class of 2k8, where I'm sure I will find wonderful reads.

Here's to great reading!

9 comments:

Sara Latta said...

Thanks to you and Colleen and the ALA, my list of books-to-read is teetering dangerously high.

SevenImpossible said...

Good list, and I'm dying to read that White Darkness!

Jules, 7-Imp

Jackie Parker said...

Woo! Wicked Lovely! Super-great! As is The White Darkness & The Wednesday Wars (man, you are rocking the Ws!) I'm with you on wanting to read Letters from Rapunzel. Tamar is masterful, and I adore Miss Spitfire.

Have fun!

Little Willow said...

Lots of good picks on this list, HWM. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on them!

PJ Hoover said...

You so get my favorite person of the day award!
:)

Barrie said...

I'm like you with the never-ending TBR pile. Actually, I think I'd be depressed if it wasn't a pile!

Thanks for the link to 2k8!

Patty Palmer said...

Don't you love book lists? My bedside table is overflowing with must-read books. Just finished Luxe. Quite good I must say. Looking forward to the sequel...there has to be one given the way the book ended. Yummy!

daphne grab said...

what a treat to see my cover on your awesome blog- thanks!!

Sarah Miller said...

THREE LITTLE WORDS is a must-read. Honestly, the writing isn't spectacular, but the story will knowck you flat. If Ashley Rhodes-Courter doesn't manage to create change in the American foster care system, I'm moving to Canada.

Thanks for listing my book, too! :)