Welcome!


Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!

Pages

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Sunday Wanderings

For those of you who forgot to submit a post for the upcoming Carnival of Children's Literature, have no fear....MotherReader has extended the deadline to Tuesday, November 27th by 9am, EST. The theme for the Carnival is Tips, and if you want more clarification, then go over here.
_____________

The ladies over at Writing YA have an eye opening discussion about ethnicity and YA. You must go on over to read the post and contribute to the comments.
_____________

Liz Scanlon has put together a stellar group of poets from the kidlit world--Sara Lewis Holmes, Kelly Fineman, Laurie Purdie Salas, TadMack from Finding Wonderland, Cloudscome from A Wrung Sponge, and Tricia from The Miss Rumphius Effect--to write a Crown Sonnet with her. I can't wait to read this one. For some powerful examples of a Crown Sonnet, go here and here.
_____________

Sara Lewis Holmes shares her podcast, A Cast of One...I love her description: "A writer reads out loud to herself. Because I need to taste the words."
_____________

The Cybils nominations are now closed. Go over here to read the index of nominated titles. I'm on the Non-Fiction MG/YA nominating panel, and am excited to be part of this process. The finalists will be announced on January 1, 2008.

3 comments:

Liz in Ink said...

I know -- PINCH me that they all said yes to working on this sonnet together. Right??!?! You are too sweet to use my post as an example of something powerful. Mostly I'm really revved it up to try it again...

Sara said...

How could I could say no to Liz and all those other great writers? This is what I love about blogging!

And thanks for the mention of A Cast of One. I have no idea what possessed me to have ANOTHER blog, but I needed space to post poems and I truly enjoy reading poetry out loud, both my own, and others...and playing with my voice in Garage Band. Yeah, that's embarrassingly fun.

:: Suzanne :: said...

Thanks for the reminder to submit my post.

Best,

Suzanne