Welcome!


Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!

Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The Cybils 2007




I'm excited to announce that I'll be helping out with the 2007 Cybils. I'm on the Nominating Panel of Jen Robinson's MG/YA Non-Fiction Committee. Other members of this cool committee are:



Nominating Panel:
Mindy (Propernoun.net)
Susan Thomsen (Chicken Spaghetti)
KT Horning (Worth the Trip)
Vivian (me!) (HipWriterMama)
Becky (Farm School at Home)

Judging Panel:
Tracy Chrenka (Talking in the Library)
Emily Mitchell (Emily Reads)
Camille Powell (Book Moot)
Alice Herold (Big A little a)
Jennie Rothschild (Biblio File)

As described in the Cybils blog: "The public nominates their favorite children's books from 2007 in seven categories: Picture Books; Non-fiction Picture Books; Middle Grade fiction; Poetry; Young Adult fiction; Non-fiction (YA/MG); and Graphic Novels. Nominations open on October 1.

When we say "the public," we mean it. Anyone with an e-mail address may nominate one book per category. Then groups of bloggers get to work. First, a nominating committee reads ALL the titles in a given category. After nearly two arduous months, this committee winnows the nominees to five finalists. A second committee of bloggers considers the shortlist and, after
much debate, chooses the best of the best for 2007. "


In case you're wondering about the rules for the Cybils nominations, here they are. Remember, nominations start October 1st, over here!

3 comments:

Kaza Kingsley said...

Kudos to you for working on the Cybils awards! As an author nominated last year I can tell you it's really appreciated. (I'm not in your category, as I'm a fiction/fantasy writer.)
Thanks for the dedication to literature!!
Kaza Kingsley
Author of the Erec Rex series
http://www.erecrex.com

Candace Salima (LDS Nora Roberts) said...

How cool is that?! I've got to get ready for church and then when I'm done with church I'll be back to check out your awards. Very, very cool.

Kaza Kingsley, http://www.erecrex.com said...

Keep up the blogging - and all the other things you're doing for literature and cyberspace!!
Hope you're doing great -
Kaza