Welcome!


Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!

Pages

Friday, August 17, 2007

Poetry Friday: Original Haiku

It's been awhile since I contributed to Poetry Friday, and I figured I'd get back into the swing of things with an original haiku poem...


School starts very soon.
Three weeks left and counting down.
The kids are, not me.


Enjoy the rest of the summer! And if anyone is looking for a great end of summer read, I'm giving away a new paperback copy of Nothing but the Truth (and a few white lies) by Justina Chen Headley.

Kelly Fineman is hosting Poetry Friday. Go on over and take a look.

6 comments:

TadMack said...

What, you're not counting down, too?
:) It started on Wednesday around here...

Hope you enjoyed Nothing But the Truth. I have a great time with it for the Cybils!

HipWriterMama said...

Tadmack,
Ahem. Of course I'm not counting down! (cough, cough)

Nothing but the Truth is great. Wow...the Cybils? Very cool.

Candace Salima (LDS Nora Roberts) said...

Poetry Friday, I didn't even know there was such a thing. I really suck at writing poetry, alas. Big huge sigh. Liked yours though.

Liz in Ink said...

Shared this one with my girls, Vivian. thanks!!!

HipWriterMama said...

Liz,
Glad your girls like the poem,

----
Candace,
Anyone is welcome to join Poetry Friday.

Susan from Chicken Spaghetti wrote this great post explaining Poetry Friday..

jules said...

Good luck with the beginning-of-school craziness!