Welcome!


Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!

Pages

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Great Books for Girls and Boys

What a wonderful day. I'm just about half way into my vacation week. Nothing like reading some Harry Potter by the ocean. Oh my goodness. I am so glad I waited until all the books were published before starting this series. Otherwise, my teeth would be worn down from the agony of waiting for each and every book to be published. It's that good.

You'd think I'd plan better for this, but I didn't. I only brought the first three books--The Sorcerer's Stone, The Chamber of Secrets, The Prisoner of Azkaban--with me, along with a few other fine books I've been waiting to read. But....I just finished The Prisoner of Azkaban early this afternoon, and had to run to the book store to buy Book Four, The Goblet of Fire, even though I have one at home. Sad, isn't it?

Boys and girls will adore this magical adventure series where the characters become so real, you wish you were part of this world. They'll want to cheer Harry as he escapes from the Dursley's, finds his own niche over at Hogwart's, and fights for truth, honor and good. Comedy, drama, tragedy, true friendship, bullies, heroism, good versus evil...these books have it all.

As a writer, I am in awe. J.K. Rowling has created wonderful names, incredible characters and spellbinding storyline. Even three books into the series, the story is still enchanting and fresh, which is another triumph.

So, in case you are one of the few who haven't started to read this incredible fantasy series, get yourself a copy and start reading. You are going to love this series.

5 comments:

Erin said...

HOORAY FOR HARRY POTTER!

Alkelda the Gleeful said...

Unshelved's running theme last week (or was it the week before?) was about a kid in the library who loved to read science-fiction and fantasy but had never heard of HP.

Sarah Amick said...

How about the fact that J.K. Rowling is richer than the queen! That puts me in awe. Her mind must be just amazing to be in the presence of, she created Harry Potter!!!!!!! Wow!

eisha said...

I don't know how you've resisted the literary equivalent of crack for this long, but I'm kind of jealous. It must be really cool to read them all together for the first time.

Sarah said...

I loved when you went and bought the book at the store because you couldn't wait. (I've done that!) I think it was with one of Harry's books too. I am so sad not to be reading Harry. My eight-year-old and I are on book 2. My ten-year old is on book 7. My five-year-old hasn't started yet! So, in essence, I still get to go through Harry two more times!