Welcome!


Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!

Pages

Thursday, August 9, 2007

An Almost Four Year Old's Self Portrait


My three year old is already planning her birthday party. She wants to be four already. Now. Never mind the big day isn't for another month. But, when you have two older sisters who revel in glorious birthday celebrations, it's only natural to want to start planning...especially when said older sisters whisper tales of big birthday parties, yummy cake and piles of presents.

Little one has been quite industrious today, drawing with her preferred drawing instrument. Permanent ink pen, of course. "Mommy! Mommy! This is me, for my birthday pah-ty invitation," she tells me. And I melted.

Isn't this the sweetest picture? Three year old has been practicing for days on drawing faces, and this is the first picture that looks like something. Goodbye to the little squiggles and scribbles. My little baby is growing up. Much too fast for me.

11 comments:

Jen Barney said...

It is the most wonderful picture... my daughter is three. She is now putting smiles and frowns are her faces. It amazes me how much she learns everyday. I asked her what she wanted to be when she grows up... she said, "A big girl Mommy!" Ahhh- life is wonderful!

Lazy cow said...

Perfect. Just right for a party invitation! I always let my daughter do her own and tried not to interfere if they weren't 'perfect'.
Four is good though. My son is 4 and it's an adorable age, they can get right into books now!

Christine M said...

The picture is wonderful. - That's a fun age - when birthday's mean a whole lot (like everything!)

Candace Salima (LDS Nora Roberts) said...

Ahhh, that is so cute. Obviously you've a blooming Rembrandt on your hands.

Brian Mandabach said...

aww!

Alkelda the Gleeful said...

So sweet! I'm tempted to put my daughter's hair in ponytails right now...

Jen Robinson said...

So cute! I love that she made a picture to put on the party invitations. You should keep it forever.

eisha said...

Adorable. Give the girl some cake!

Elaine Magliaro said...

Vivian,

That's one great drawing! I love the hairdo!!!

Liz in Ink said...

I've always really liked that stage where limbs come right out of the head, along with the hair. You should get this scanned and printed right smack dab on top of her birthday cake. As a surprise...

Robin Brande said...

That is so wonderful! I hope you will preserve that forever. And Liz is right--the limbs and hair coming out of the head are too precious.

That idea about putting the pic on the cake itself, too--wow.