Welcome!


Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!

Pages

Sunday, June 24, 2007

A Weekly List: Strong Girl Role Models in Children's Literature

I've been remiss. I've neglected my weekly Strong Girl Role Models in Children's Literature list for the past few weeks. All because I've been focusing on my 30 Day Challenge, working on revisions, author interviews for The Summer Blog Blast Tour, end of school year activities, and more. Of course this is where I need to lecture myself and say...Hey! Make the time. You already had this weekly habit in place and now you fell off the wagon? Get back to it!

Did anyone miss this weekly list? Anyone? Well, I know I've missed working on it. So it's back again. But instead of Sundays, I've decided to post this weekly list on Wednesdays, under a new title, Great Books for Girls. I'm going to keep blogging to a minimum on weekends...at least, I'm going to attempt it.

It's also about time I start looking at books with strong boy characters. So. Look forward to my new weekly feature, Great Books for Boys. Hope some of you will find this information helpful.

8 comments:

Erin said...

I know I missed the lists! :)

MyUtopia said...

I am always on the outlook for books like that for my nieces.

Franki said...

Yes, I missed the list. It is a great weekly read. Have you read Moxy Maxwell? I am anxious to see if she makes your list.

Alkelda the Gleeful said...

I like Great Books for Girls.
I also like your new graphic on the sidebar. (I just wrote "sidebard," which is actually a good name for a musical sidebar.)

daphne grab said...

i missed it and am now very excited to see both in the future!

Liz in Ink said...

I love that you're evolving your blog so it fits your life. and your weekends. and YES, I always like your lists and ideas...

Jen Robinson said...

I definitely miss the lists. But I know how hard it is to do anything weekly on a blog, especially anything original. I say, do the best you can. I look forward to your Great Books for Boys lists, too.

HipWriterMama said...

I'm glad everyone likes these lists.

And thanks Jen. I think I'm going to have to change the weekly thing...especially this summer. Kids at home itching to do things and blogging do not mix well together.