Welcome!


Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!

Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

30 Day Challenge Ends Tonight, 11pm EST

As a reminder, the 30 Day Challenge ends tonight 11pm EST. Report in and you will be entered to win a fabulous 3 prize combination package:
1. A productive new habit for you
2. Increased motivation to reach your goal
3. A $25 gift card to Barnes and Noble (accepted at stores and on-line).

If you're looking for an inspirational read, check out my interview with Justina Chen Headley. This talented author of The Patch and Nothing But the Truth (And a Few White Lies) is motivated by this quote by Jack Kerouac: “The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars…" You gotta love this quote!

For some more great author interviews, you might want to check out today's SBBT interview schedule. You'll find out some more inspiring and interesting information about some wonderful authors and their books.

This past week was tough for me. I had so many deadlines I was working on for the SBBT interviews, end of school activities, and summer fun organization (Which kind of defeats the purpose doesn't it? Spontaneous would be the way I would prefer to do it, but with three kids...). I was able to work on my character development and writing for four days last week. Not as much as I'd like, but this is something I know I will continue to do. Since I really am committed to my writing.

Cloudscome already checked in. How did everyone else do? Remember to check in by 11pm tonight. If you have written a post, leave a comment and I'll link to your results. If you didn't write a post, no worries. Comment below with your progess and you're all set. Now give yourself a nice pat on the back. You did it! You're on your way! Wahoo!

4 comments:

Sarah Amick said...

Hipwritermama, I wish my students could understand the trials that a writer must go through just to be published. They assume that books just appear on the shelf. They know nothing of character development, and writing just to improve the art of writing.
Keep writing, it will come.

MyUtopia said...

I hope that all who participated had a good experience!

Alkelda the Gleeful said...

HWM, I've got to say that I learned a lot over the past month, even if I didn't do exactly what I'd set out to do. My original goal was to walk 30 minutes a day. Then, I modified it to be 30 minutes of exercise a day. I think I definitely accomplished that, only not as I had envisioned. For example, I would spend 3 hours digging dirt, be totally, deliciously exhausted at the end of the day, and then spend the next day sleeping whenever I could to let my muscles rebound. I have spent so much time outside in the past month that, even though my original "walk 30 minutes a day" didn't work out, I developed a new habit of enjoying the outdoors every day, even in so-called "yucky" weather.

I'm thinking that I should probably not be eligible for a 25 dollar gift card to Barnes and Noble. I'll only go in and indulge in the old habit of spending way too much money (over the gift card amount) on storytelling supplies. Yup, that's what I call them. Yea rah!

Liz in Ink said...

As you know, I bombed out and am now participating in my own little challenge. Do-overs....

I love hearing about other successes. And don't forget to share your own. I wouldn't be surprised if YOU deserve the gift card!!