Welcome!


Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!

Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Some Cool Things Around the Kidlitosphere

Amazing news!! I found out from Buried in the Slushpile that brilliant, amazing, incredible Markus Zusak will be the on-line writer-in-residence over at the Australian website Inside A Dog, for YA literature. If you haven't guessed by now, I love, love this brilliant author of The Book Thief (Printz Honor book) and The Messenger. Check out his first post on this site. He promises about 20 chapters of a side project he's working on, called 53 Killers. OMG, I'm in total heaven.

Elaine Magliaro from the new Wild Rose Reader, shares a poetry contest for children in 4th - 6th grade. If you want to know more about this poet extraordinaire, check out her 7-Imp interview.

Emily just started a new blog called Deliciously Clean Reads, which focuses on middle grade and YA novels that are free from swear words and sex.

Kelly shares a New York Times article on the pressure teen girls are under. I found Kelly's link to this over at readergirlz. I found this so disturbing as a mother of girls. I can only hope helping my children develop their self confidence and esteem will enable them to deal with whatever life hands them when they reach their teen years.

Author Mitali Perkins created a new blog, Sparrow Speaking! Listen Up!. This is so creative. Mitali's fictional First Daughter, Sameera Righton, will be blogging about the 2008 presidential campaign. Mitali asks for readers to help choose between two titles for this 2008 new book #2 about Sameera. Book #1 about Sameera is called First Daughter: Extreme American Makeover, due to be released June 2007 by Dutton.

10 comments:

NYC Teacher said...

Thanks for this look around the blogs. I'm going to check these out!

Cheers,
NYCTEACHER

Elaine Magliaro said...

Thanks a million for inclusion on your list of "cool" things in the kidlitosphere. That means a lot coming from one "hip mama."

I'm going to be posting a poem a day during the month of April at Wild Rose Reader. I got the idea from Gregory K. at GottaBook. I hope my muse isn't on spring break!

Kelly said...

What a great collection of links, Vivian! I have to add a few of them to my collection :)

HipWriterMama said...

NYC Teacher,
Glad you like the links.
_______

Elaine,
A poem a day! Very impressive. Can't wait to read your poems!
_______

Kelly,
You're welcome. I can't believe that NY Times article. I shudder to think what our kids are going to face when they reach that age!

Mitali Perkins said...

HWM! Thanks for the shout-out on Sparrow's behalf!

HipWriterMama said...

Mitali,
You're welcome.

Emily Beeson said...

Thanks for linking to Clean Reads, Vivian!
You know one of my best friends growing up was a Vivian, so I always want to shorten your name to Viv.
-Emily

HipWriterMama said...

Emily,
You're welcome. Your new blog is quite refreshing and will be quite interesting to follow. Good luck!

jules said...

Thanks for the link. Glad you enjoyed the interview.

HipWriterMama said...

You're welcome Jules.