Welcome!


Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!

Pages

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Saturday/Sunday Wanderings, Part II

The 13th Carnival of Children's Literature is up! Jen Robinson did a great job organizing this. You'll have a multitude of posts to delight your reading taste buds.

There was quite a bit of commotion around the kidlitosphere regarding Roger Sutton's post on This is why I don't have a blogroll. Or friends in response to Fuse #8's post on Sillies.

Chasing Ray addresses this in You Can't Buy My Love and Existential Crisis: First in a Series of Reviewing. Finding Wonderland has a post and an entertaining cartoon about this.

Mother Reader, Jen Robinson, Original Content, and Liz B. are other bloggers that have intelligent posts about this. All quite interesting and gives us something to think about.

[Edited to add: I just noticed Roger Sutton's post on Why Do I Review Books? Here's Grace Lin's post I'm Part of the Problem... Libby Koponen writes a post on Thoughts on Reviewers. Caroline Hickey notices the trends of first time authors for Marketing Your First Book.]

I am loving Alkelda the Gleeful's creative posts on Children's Books That Never Were. Check out this one called the MisGiving Tree.

Kelly has a fun post to think about, Books That Make Me Ask: "Am I Alone Here?"

Elaine Magliaro posted about how she would look up poems for us...I love her ending comment, "Please be reasonable in your requests." Hee hee. Well, she did it! Great job Elaine!

6 comments:

Jen Robinson said...

Thanks for the links! I also enjoyed your Saturday wanderings and wonderings about Virginia Tech. It was definitely a tough week. But I hope that your headache is better.

HipWriterMama said...

Thanks Jen. I'm feeling much better. Glad you appreciated the Saturday wanderings.

Kelly said...

Thanks, Vivian. I've had great fun with this post and I'm surprised it hit such a chord. I truly did think I was alone!!

Alkelda the Gleeful said...

Thanks for the shout-out!

I'm enjoying the perusal of the different booths. I'm trying not to fill up on too many funnel cakes and deep-fried pickles.

Okay, I just made up that second part.

Elaine Magliaro said...

Vivian,

I'm glad you and the little lady liked the poems I found for you. Searching for poems on specific topics is like going on a treasure hunt for me!

HipWriterMama said...

Elaine,
The poems were greatly appreciated. What a wonderful idea!

Alkelda the Gleeful,
Can't wait to see what your next book will be.

Kelly,
It was a great post because it allowed all of us a safe place to admit which popular books we didn't like. Thanks!