Welcome!


Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!

Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2007

A Non-Poet's Poem for National Poetry Month

It's National Poetry Month!
Oh no, what to do?
Lean in a bit,
open your ears,
and heed my wise words
ever so carefully,
A poet I'm not,
So I'll quickly send you on your way
to give you time to discover
a wondrous bouquet of poems
to fill your heart's desire.

First, let me say,
Liz Scanlon finds something way cool,
how about signing up
for Knopf's Poem-a-Day.

Gregory K. posts an original poem a day.
April Fool's! Whipped Cream! A Cat!
And just like that,
a new poem appears.

Elaine Magliaro, inspired by Gregory K,
thought a poem a day would be great fun.
Nothing like wishing on a star
in the hopes your brother will turn into a fish!

Kelly Fineman finds a hidden gem.
Write 2 poems a day with NaPoWriMo.
Just be sure to follow the rules,
if you decide you want to join in.

Join readergirlz diva Lorie Ann Grover
as she shares her graceful verse book, On Pointe.
Dance to her music playlist,
and dream with Kermit.
Don't you just love him?

It's time to finally end this rather long poem,
But I don't know quite how to stop.
So just clap politely as I take a deep bow,
and make a quick gracious getaway.

4 comments:

Elaine Magliaro said...

Thanks for all the great links.

By the way, I think I'm going to hire you to be my publicity agent. Thanks for linking to Wild Rose Reader again and for announcing my ambitious plan to post an original poem every day of April.

To show my gratitude--I'm going to dedicate the poem I post tomorrow to you, HipWriterMama. I hope you like it!

Liz in Ink said...

You are fabulous, Vivian...
This is funny and awesome and I hope you do the roundup sometime!
Thanks for the generous tip o' the hat...

Liz

(By the way, I'm mulling over the business of mission statements now....)

HipWriterMama said...

Liz,
Thank you. Glad you're thinking mission statements. It really makes you look things in the eye.


Elaine,
Let me know if you need any help. I'm quite flattered by a poem dedication. I've never had a song dedicated to me, at least I don't think. A poem dedication from you--well that is just too, too cool. Thank you.

Lorie Ann Grover said...

Oh, I do love Kermit! Thanks for the shout out for On Pointe!

Lorie Ann, readergirlz diva