Welcome!


Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!

Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

What Would You Do?

Here are the choices facing me for the next half hour before the kiddies come home from school:

1. Play tea party with three year old.
2. Make a quick trip to the grocery store for the makings of a delicious dinner.
3. Vacuum the little paper litterings of three year old's artistic endeavors.
4. Add a line or two over at Kelly's creative Witches and Wiki collective children's novel. Who is the tall, thin girl questioning Moctor Fall?
5. Go over to MySpace Profile to figure out how MySpace works.
6. Think about Liz B's post: Are there any Tragic Heroes in Children's Literature?
7. Fold and put away the clean clothes.
8. Find out more about cool, multi-tasking Jen Robinson in her 7-Imp interview. Actually, I already read her interview, now it's your turn.
9. Go outside to enjoy the beautiful sunny day on this lovely first day of Spring!
10. Read the smorgasbord of reading delights at the 12th Carnival of Children's Literature over at Midwestern Lodestar.

Oh, what's a girl gonna do?

9 comments:

Mary Lee said...

A little bit of everything because I couldn't choose? And some multi-tasking where possible (outdoor tea party)?

HipWriterMama said...

Mary Lee,
Thanks for stopping by. Multi-tasking was the way to go this afternoon. Three year old and I played tea party and then we played house and cleaned up. We had lots of fun.

Now that the kids are asleep, it's my time to explore the blogosphere.

Liz in Ink said...

You're actually able to FOLD and PUT AWAY the clean clothes at your house? What do you pile on your extra futon couch?

Tee hee...

I love how positive your spin is here -- like a half-an-hour is really FULL of possibility.

Jen Robinson said...

I like the "full of possibility" thing, too. So happy to have my interview mentioned in such great company. Thanks for your nice comment over there, too.

Honestly, I sometimes think that multi-tasking is over-rated. I'd love to spend a whole day just... reading and going for walks or something. But if one does have to multi-task, you have some pretty great stuff on your list.

HipWriterMama said...

Liz,
Who said I got around to finishing folding and putting clothes away? We have a big lounging hippy chair for all the clean clothes to hang out in all their wrinkled glory.

Full of possibility...I like that.


Jen,
I really enjoyed your interview. And I agree, it would be nice to just slow down and just enjoy one thing--a day of reading would be just perfect.

Alkelda the Gleeful said...

After years of telling potential employers that I was good at multitasking, I decided that I really wasn't. I can do a number of things at once and be okay, but to be good, I need to focus. Then again, who am I kidding? Today, I recited Chickens to the Rescue! as my daughter turned the pages while I was reading Why Buffy Matters: The Art of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

That said, Jen Robinson is an inspiration. Multitasking and everything.

Alkelda the Gleeful said...

P.S. Not to say that you aren't an inspiration, too, HipWriterMama.:)

HipWriterMama said...

Alkeda the Gleeful-
I agree, Jen Robinson is quite wonderful. And I have to tell you, you are quite inspirational yourself. Anyone who can have me smiling just at the sight of their name, well, that's sheer delight. Can I just tell you, I LOVE, LOVE your chosen moniker.

Alkelda the Gleeful said...

Thanks so much, HipWriterMama!